The Ultimate World Travel TAG





After searching far a wide online for a tag that strictly stuck to the topics of  'travel' and 'the world', and a tag that didn't veer off asking questions about beauty guru's and make-up you'd wear to the beach (like really?). I've finally compiled questions from a mixture of popular travel based tags to make the tag we've all been waiting for... 

drum roll......

THE ULTIMATE WORLD TRAVEL TAG


So here it is, in all its glory haha!

(Full list of unanswered questions at bottom of post for you to copy & paste)



1. Your most treasured passport stamp?

When I first read that question I had my answer made. I'm going to have to go for the stamp I got when I travelled to Calcutta, India. Mainly because it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and because its a pretty rare stamp for a 19 year old to have :)


2. Top 3 travel items?

Ipod 5th Gen (Its got an awesome quality camera, music and all the apps one would need on an adventure)
Sunglasses
Money (A must!)

3. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked?

Hell naw.

4. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or automobiles?

That's a tough one, I love the freedom of cars (especially when I'm the driver) but the whole experience of plane travel is quite exciting eg. the airport, all its stages and being able to see the world from above is awesome. Mind you I'm going interrailing this Summer so trains may become my best friend.

5. What are your top places to visit next?

Croatia
Bali (actually most of Indonesia)
USA
Italy

6. Hostel or hotel?

Hotel, but that's just because I have yet to experience the craic of the hostel experience (all of which will be discovered this summer)

7. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?

Mostly I explore new places, but I always return to places I like in Ireland during the Summer because they are so close. But if I really really like somewhere I would defiantly return but more than likely not straight away.

8. Do you read up on your destination (culture,history,safety) or do you wing it?

Yup always, It gets me pumped for my trip!:)

9. Favorite travel website?

I don't really have a favourite, I love searching google and reading blog posts people have made of their own experiences. I think its way more personal than a big travel website and often times more helpful. But then again, when I am travelling somewhere I will read things on lonely planet and other such 'big' websites. I adore stumbleupon.com for finding cool travel websites and posts!

10. Window, Isle or Middle seat? 

Hands down window haha. I mean who doesn't love gawking out the little window?

11. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city & why.

I'd recommend Port Douglas in Queensland Australia. It's not a city, but it's a gorgeous town and the surrounding area (Daintree) is beautiful. The reason why.. well I loved it. One of my favourite movies (Fools Gold) was filmed partially there adding to the reason why I adore the spot. The rainforests near by and the great barrier reef.. wow just stunning!! Friends.. you need to go here!! Yea there's snakes, lizards, spiders, crocodiles all the scary things.. but its such an interesting place to explore!

12. You’re leaving tomorrow,  where are you going?

Croatia, it's top of my travel list at the moment, so I know that's where I'd be heading! I'm going their for a few days this summer, my friend and I made it a priority in or interrailing plan!!

13. Where was your first plane ride to? 

I think Majorca, I was only a few months old mind you so I have no recollection of that adventure haha!

14. Where have you travelled to that you would love to visit again?

I'd love to visit all of the places I've been too again haha. Mostly Australia, Greece, Dubai and Africa!

 15. Do you have an interesting "I'm lost" story?

Well I don't have an "I'm lost" story per say, but I do have a "I nearly missed my flight home" story!! It was the night before I was to go home, and my friend and I wanted to make the most of our last night in Hersonissos, Crete. Sooo we decided to party hard and long. Our bus to the airport next morning left our complex at 10 AM. But because we were partying like mad yokes we didn't end up coming home until 8 AM that morning. Dying of hangovers and sleep deprived we said we'd go to sleep for an hour and wake up at 9:30. Alarm set supposable, we hit the sack. But we were woke up by a phone call, my Dad rang my friend after failing to get through to me asking if we had left for the airport. But of course we hadn't because our alarm hadn't went off!! It was now 9:45 AM so we jumped up gathered all our stuff and ran down to the hotel entrance. The place was deserted. We had missed our bus. Both of us all panicked had to get an hour long taxi to the airport costing us 50 euro altogether. Luckily though we had made it to the airport in good time and made it back to Cork. Its hilarious looking back at it now haha!

16. Where would you travel to just to eat the food? 

America!!! When I go there I'm going with an empty suitcase and bringing back a load of junk! Twinkies and all that stuff you see on TV haha.The food I want to go there for is junk, if I was to go somewhere for fine cuisine I would probably go to Italy. 

17. Is there a place you would never go again? 

There's nowhere I would never go again, but I would be reluctant to go to certain places fast. There were some places I went in Australia I didn't like, for example Port Macquarie but that is due to the fact I was staying in a motel I strongly disliked, there was torrential rain and the parts I saw in the day I was there I didn't like. So the places I didn't like I can't say I would never go to again because I didn't get to see them properly :)   



If you enjoyed this Tag, I tag you! Link me to your tag in the comments bellow, I'd love to see how you got on with it :) 





The Ultimate World Travel TAG:

1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
2. Top 3 travel items?
3. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked?
4. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or automobiles?
5. What are your top places to visit next?
6. Hostel or hotel?
7. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
8. Do you read up on your destination (culture,history,safety) or do you wing it?
9. Favorite travel website?
10. Window, Isle or Middle seat? 
11. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city & why.
12. You’re leaving tomorrow,  where are you going?
13. Where was your first plane ride to? 
14. Where have you travelled to that you would love to visit again?
15. Do you have an interesting "I'm lost" story?
16. Where would you travel to just to eat the food? 
17. Is there a place you would never go again? 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...