I'm Back | Amsterdam Shenanigans On Our Interrailing Adventure





Hello dusty keyboard & those of you reading ;),

I'm Back, sadly, from my interrailing adventure. What an amazing time we had, honestly feels like I've been gone a year. But I haven't, just over two weeks, sixteen days to be precise!

I was so driven to post here at every chance I could, but when your travelling from county to country every 2 to 3 days, life passes you by! So I'm really sorry I didn't post, but hey I can rant on all about my trip and give you all the tips and advice one would need starting right now :)

I did manage to write one blog post while away, but hadn't published it, so bellow is my post on Amsterdam - the first pitstop on my journey. I hope you enjoy!




























Sitting in Amsterdam Central station, waiting patiently for our train to Munich. We got booted out of our hostel this morning at 10, so instead of trecking around the city with big heavy harversacks on our backs, we decided to go straight to the station. The trams here are so punctual and frequent, so we really didn't expect to be at the train station as early as we were. We've got two hours to kill!

So here I am, sitting in a little coffee shop right on the platform. Bumming wifi and electricity. I guess this is the interrailing life, and we are only two days in haha!

Amsterdam was amazing! On our first night we went on a pub crawl, I'd recommend to do one of those down to the ground (especially if your only there for 2 days like us) because they are awesome for meeting loads of new people and getting a real big taster of Amsterdam night life. We paid 20€ and got a tshirt and endless supplies of alchol whilst also running from pub to pub. We lost the group at one stage with a little Australian girl we befriended, but the bouncers on other clubs were very helpful and we were fast finding the group again in our drunken state!!

We made so many friends that night, including some that we are going to meet again in Italy! We visited the red light district that night also with a group of Californians for the laugh! When in Amsterdam right! We visited the Anne Frank Huis yesterday, which was super emotional and chilling, but totally worth the hour que! 

I can't wait for Munich now! I think the train is here, so I best sign off! Wouldn't be good to miss the first train would it?


Under the IAmsterdam 'M'



Chilling in a clog, with ugly scaffolding surrounding it


Until next time,

Sinead 
X


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...