The Liebster Award.
I'm sure you've all seen it floating around the blogger-verse at some stage. Many of you, like myself, probably know very little about it. Leibster is a German word that means sweetheart, beloved,
darling, valued, kind.. etc. How sweet?! The purpose of this award is to allow smaller blogs with less than 200 followers to grow in the blogging community. I have been nominated for this award ever so kindly by Abiee Lucas. Thank you Abiee!
- Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking your nominator's blog.
- Include the Liebster Award's sticker in the post as well (you can copy it from above).
- Nominate 10 other new bloggers that have 200 or less followers who you think are worthy of this award and include their links in your post. Also, make sure that you let them know they've been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you by your nominator (these questions should be on their post). And make 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Finally, copy these rules onto your post.
Ohh this is tough! I don't wear much designer clothes. I usually stick to retail brands such as Zara, TopShop, H&M etc. In fact I don't think I own any high-fashion designer branded clothing. But if I was to choose one I'd go for rag & bone. I feel their style reflects my own. But if theres one thing I do know, my designer bag of choice would be a Simone Camille bag.
2. What is your go-to make-up look?
My go-to look would have to be dewy skin (using L'Oreal's Lumi Magique Primer, Rimmels Wake Me Up foundation and The Collection's fair concealer) with a sun kissed glow paired with a burnt orange/red eyeshadow look on my crease (Inglot's eyeshadow in 605 & 511 HD Sculpting Powder) and winged eyeliner. I'm not one for lipstick, so I usually line my lips with a very similar colour to my own lips (Inglot's Soft Precision Liner in 63) and add some Carmex on top to keep them hydrated and glossy.
3. How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as indie-bohemian with some beachy hints haha. I like to wear black skinny jeans (sometimes with rips), baggy t-shirts with graphics/typography, jumpers.. But I do also like to wear well cut and designed items for example I adore a lot of Zara's clothing. The way they cut their clothing makes them almost look like their items are designer/high-fashion. They make basic t-shirts look stylish.
4. Your top 3 favourite films?
So many films!! Off the top of my head - Riding in Cars with Boys, Eat, Pray, Love & The Hunger Games. I love Drew Barrymore. Actually I love all the female leads in those films haha!
5. What animal would you be and why?
I would be a dolphin because it would be so great to be able to explore the ocean. I would be so majestic and I'd be able to jump out of the water if I got bored of looking at the ocean haha. Dolphins are loving mammals and build up relationships and have conversations just like humans do. So cute :O
6. Are you a dog or a cat person?
Dog person! Proud owner of a 4 year old Labrador cross Collie called Lottie. Never had a cat. I'm sure they are lovely animals, but I find dogs so much cuter. They are such interesting creatures and their personalities are just the bomb-diggity.
7. What are the best and worst things about blogging?
For me, the worst is keeping the rhythm going. Posting frequently to allow your readers to build up a relationship or trust with you. So they can expect a post from you and get excited for it. I find that really hard. But I guess that's just my style and I'm sure some people enjoy the unpredictable post. The best thing has to be connecting with so many awesome people. Meeting like minded individuals and reading their enjoyable content.
8. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
Nothing too embarrassing stands out, I like to think I keep it quite cool when something unexpected happens. My most recent embarrassing moment would probably be the Mocha Spillage Incident of 2014. I rocked up into college one fine Monday morning, with my hair nicely did and a nice comfy outfit on. Dying for my morning mocha (a tradition at this stage), I walked into the canteen to line up in the coffee shop queue. Got my mocha and as I walk out of the canteen I decide to take my first sip. The lid wasn't on properly so the mocha waterfall flowed all down my hair, top and jacket. My blonde hair was a shade of brown. No Joke. I ran to the bathroom leaving my mess on the floor and proceeded to wash my hair under the tap and dry it then under the hand dryer. I went back to clean up my embarrassing mess after fixing myself. My clothes were a chocolate brown shade for the day along with my matted hair.
9. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I'm an extrovert with introvert tendencies haha. I mean I enjoy my own company from time to time. Of course I love being with friends and going out having a good time too. But when I've had enough of people I like to have time to my self haha. A nice walk in the woods with my dog is fun. In saying that though, if my family are away and I've the house to myself it gets quite lonely after a day and I want everyone back haha! I like people there, but we don't have to talk.
10. What is your biggest future goal?
My biggest future goal from a young age was to design and build my own house. Architecturally and interior wise. But I would also really love to set up my own quirky cafe. A cafe with a twist (with another purpose to making coffee). I'm not sure yet but visually I've the interior design already visualised. I've made a Pinterest board an all for my inspiration.
Dreaming Again (She does have more than 200 Bloglovin followers but I'd really like to see Sinéad's answers :D)
What She Does Now
1. What was the last photo you took on your phone?
2. If you could be best friends with anyone in the world who would it be and why?
3. What have you found most rewarding about being a blogger?
4. Who is your celebrity style icon?
5. What was your favourite country you've been too? or your favourite holiday?
6. Whats your favourite place to visit in your local area and why?
7. What is your favourite music genre?
8. Any weird habits?
9. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Would you rather have lunch with Kim Kardashian or Barack Obama?
Thanks a million Abiee for the nomination! I had a lot of fun answering your questions and making up my own :D Good luck to those of you who I nominated, can't wait to see your answers and discover the up and coming blogs ye adore!
Until next time,
You can follow my blog above on bloglovin so you'll never miss a post :D